Friday, July 2, 2010

Congressman Visiting Nearby

"It’s hard to believe that it’s already the 4th of July. I’ve been busy so far this summer, and it’s only going to get busier over the next couple of weeks. I’m kicking off the Fourth at the Wrightsville 4th of July Parade on July 3rd, which is sure to be a great time.
"And then, next week, while Congress is out of session, I’m conducting my annual Veterans Town Hall Tour. I’ll be stopping in 7 counties over the week, and I hope to see you at one of my meetings if you’re able to stop by.
"I’m looking forward to visiting with veterans in our community, and I’ve got good news to share: Since last year’s meetings, I’ve introduced legislation that will give veterans valuable, on-the-job technical training and experience through the Army Corps of Engineers, which they can use to transition to good-paying jobs in the private sector. I’ve also introduced legislation to expand the Veterans Recovery Coordinator Program, which is one of the key recommendations of the Dole-Shalala Commission.
On a personal level, my office can:
  • Expedite VA claims for veterans facing foreclosures and other hardships
  • Help with finding old military records
  • Provide advice for handling VA claims
  • Initiate Congressional Inquiries for all military branches
  • Help obtain benefits for widows and other survivors of veterans
  • Help with obtaining replacement medals and citations
  • Help with obtaining VA approved mortgages and GI Bill benefits.

Here are the dates, times, and locations of my tour stops next week:
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
American Legion Post 184
1 Legion Drive at Rowland Avenue, Thunderbolt

2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Honey Bowen Building
1 Max Lockwood Drive, Statesboro

Wednesday, July 7, 2010
10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
VFW Post 649
2430 Windsor Spring Road, Augusta

2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
American Legion Post 523
430 W. Martin Luther King Drive, Milledgeville

Thursday, July 8, 2010
1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
The Wellness Center
101 Harris Industrial Boulevard, Vidalia

Friday, July 9, 2010
10:30 a.m. – 12 noon
American Legion Post 103
689 Kite Highway, Swainsboro

3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
VFW Post 8379
108 West Barnard Street, Glennville

"I look forward to visiting with you, hopefully real soon."
Sincerely,
John Barrow

Approved by Marlee
http://treutlenenews.blogspot.com

No comments: